Redistribute CrystalRedist115_x86.msi
MarkM
2007-06-20 17:01:32 UTC
Testing a "ClickOnce" Deployment from Visual Studio 2005 and CRWXI
SP2. After much gnashing of the teeth...frontpage extensions, IIS
authentication issues I finally got the deployment to work on client
machines BUT the crw prerequisite module (CrystalRedist115_x86.msi)
does not appear to have everything it needs. When I run the
application there is no viewer (CRViewer.dll?) The form comes up, I
get the tree on the left but nothing where the main report should
be...no details. If I run the same install on my development box
everything is good, but then I've got the full CRWXI2 installed.

Has anyone had this happen?

Any Info would be appreciated.
drolaw
2007-06-20 18:44:57 UTC
Post by MarkM
Testing a "ClickOnce" Deployment from Visual Studio 2005 and CRWXI
SP2. After much gnashing of the teeth...frontpage extensions, IIS
authentication issues I finally got the deployment to work on client
machines BUT the crw prerequisite module (CrystalRedist115_x86.msi)
does not appear to have everything it needs. When I run the
application there is no viewer (CRViewer.dll?) The form comes up, I
get the tree on the left but nothing where the main report should
be...no details. If I run the same install on my development box
everything is good, but then I've got the full CRWXI2 installed.
Has anyone had this happen?
Any Info would be appreciated.
Hello,
You mention frontpage and IIS, are you creating a web page to
view the reports? If so, the user will have to install the Active X
report viewer control to view the reports. Depending on how your
browser configuration is set up, the user may not be prompted for
this. This may be your issue. Check the advanced tab in IE for active
x controls and see if users are allowed to download them.

Hope that helps.
MarkM
2007-06-20 20:42:02 UTC
This is not a Web Page...this is a deployment method for Win Forms
that Microsoft has developed. If I do regular deployment via a setup
routine that consumes the latest merge module for .Net
(CrystalReports11_5_NET_2005.msm) it works fine.

If I do a "ClickOnce" deployment using the CrystalRedist115_x86.msi
module it exhibits the behavior I talked about in my previous post.

Any Ideas?
Hope that helps.
Grog
2007-06-21 13:37:32 UTC
Post by MarkM
Testing a "ClickOnce" Deployment from Visual Studio 2005 and CRWXI
SP2. After much gnashing of the teeth...frontpage extensions, IIS
authentication issues I finally got the deployment to work on client
machines BUT the crw prerequisite module (CrystalRedist115_x86.msi)
does not appear to have everything it needs. When I run the
application there is no viewer (CRViewer.dll?) The form comes up, I
get the tree on the left but nothing where the main report should
be...no details. If I run the same install on my development box
everything is good, but then I've got the full CRWXI2 installed.
Has anyone had this happen?
Any Info would be appreciated.
Have you read this document on CR XI r2 deployment?

http://support.businessobjects.com/communityCS/TechnicalPapers/crxi_r2_net_deployment.pdf